ⒾMachine translations by Deepl
Identified OV-chipcard problems
Originating from the OV-chip complaint site.
Complaints reported include the following:
- Broken equipment -> free travel (Amsterdam) or not being allowed to travel without a strippenkaart or cash.
- Unable to check out when disembarking.
- Far too few or absent charging points.
- Far too few or absent readouts.
- No transfer of travel from one carrier to another which could lead to double payment of travel.
- Higher fare (Amsterdam +5%, Arnhem +22%).
- Ride prices unknown in advance.
- Randomisation of fare determination possible.
- Anonymous travel hard to do.
- No large purchase discounts are possible for anonymous travel.
- Anonymous OV-chipcard is more expensive than regular card so anonymous travel is not an equivalent option.
- NS discount cards not usable.
- System that should cope with hundreds of thousands of passengers cannot. (Trans Link Systems at fault.)