Announcement UvA Academy Masterclass: Privacy in Perspective
UvA Academy Masterclass: privacy viewed from legal, technological, economic, psychological and ethical perspective
In seven modules, numerous privacy topics will be taught by various subject teachers. In week 7, Privacy First will participate in the House of Commons debate.
The Masterclass will include:
- Privacy: history and deeper meaning (social, psychological, physical and informational privacy; a situational fundamental right).
- What are the backgrounds and changes in privacy laws and regulations and what impact do they have on people, government and organisations?
- How people handle their privacy: the privacy paradox. The difference between thinking and doing.
- The meaning of privacy for people. Insights from psychology and sociology.
- Privacy in relation to developments in (digital) technology: from drones, sensors, biometrics, social media data, cookies, location data to satellite data, cyberhacks and AI. What can and what is allowed when?
- How organisations do business with data, the new oil to improve competitiveness. What can and what is allowed when?
Last but not least will work on real-life case studies and issues affecting participants and their organisations.
Click HERE for more information and to sign up.