In our work, we are supported by a large network of professional volunteers.
At Privacy First, we like to connect with people who care about our fundamental rights. People who, like us, see that our autonomy is being undermined by business and government revenue models with too much control drive.
We work with a small team and depend on professionals willing to share their specific knowledge and some of their time. Do you have and background in technology, communications, or legal? Send us your CV and a motivation. Then together we will explore the best way to showcase your qualities.
On this page, we outline where we at Privacy First currently need support.
Vdriving volunteer vacancy: fundraising and corporate sponsorship
Privacy First Foundation is an organisation that has been standing up for everyone's right to privacy for 15 years. As an ANBI, we depend on gifts, donations, third-party sponsorships and the loyal efforts of volunteers. As a volunteer, you will support the board in growing our funds and (corporate) sponsors, as well as connecting with our donors.
In this, you have a proactive attitude, are a networker and a go-getter. Bringing your own network is an advantage.
Upon proven suitability, which shows up financially, this volunteer position could potentially be in a based on no cure no pay paid position to be converted.
Would you like to see yourself in this role? Then contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org o.v.v. this vacancy and sending a short motivation and CV.
Volunteer vacancy: critical researcher with a fluent pen
Privacy First regularly has delineated research jobs that can be done in preparation for a roundtable discussion (lobby or expert research), a spokesperson interview or a critical article. Given the topical issues that Privacy First has to respond to quickly, facts need to be correct or a good assessment needs to be made so that strategically sound choices can be made. No research assignment is the same, as we deal with different privacy issues every day.
For this, we are looking for several volunteers, who we can quickly engage for this purpose. You have affinity with and knowledge or experience in at least one of our focus areas:
- Internet of Things & AI
- Medical privacy
- Financial privacy
- Children / education & privacy.
With our volunteers, we work in small expert teams, share knowledge and regularly spar on topical issues, so that we arrive at the right answers quickly and efficiently.
Do you think you are that expert? Contact us at email@example.com quoting this vacancy and sending a short motivation and CV.
Volunteer vacancy: legal researcher
Do you have a legal background, or are studying law and do you enjoy sorting out issues for us, or legal preparation? Then you might be the person we are looking for! Knowledge of the AVG or human rights is an advantage, but not a requirement. You quickly switch between different topics/areas, and in the process expand your ready knowledge of privacy law on a daily basis.
- You will support the director and the lawyer/spokesperson with research and preparation of court cases or (spokesperson) campaigns.
- You will prepare substantive pieces with news value through short briefings, which may include legal and journalistic factual research in various areas of law, such as privacy law.
- A fun workplace and learning environment and the opportunity for hybrid working.
- Guidance on your studies or during projects.
- Coaching on the move.
- An expense allowance.
Working hours by arrangement. We offer a volunteer position for six months at an exceptional workplace and after that, we will look together at career opportunities within the organisation.
Volunteer vacancy: office & event assistant
Privacy First receives mail and email and people in the office on a daily basis. That requires someone to help receive people or refer them to the right people within the organisation.
In addition, Privacy First is constantly on the move. We organise an average of four events a year, including the Dutch Privacy Awards (together with ECP). There are also board meetings and an inspiring directors' day once a year.
Do you enjoy helping with this? You will replace some of the duties of the office manager and become the first point of contact for stakeholders and relations who contact us (by phone or email).
Do you have a background in hospitality, or are you spontaneous, hospitable and a rule-breaker by nature and can we count on you? Do you endorse our views and, with your positive attitude, help to build teamwork through your radiant and service-oriented presence? Then this is for you!
- You will take care of mail, answer e-mail or make sure it gets to the right person.
- You will call back Privacy First stakeholders or relations and speak to them professionally.
- You will support the planning of meetings and events, and assist at these events where necessary.
- You will help the event manager, management and board to plan and organise.
- You will help prepare presentations.
- You will help maintain a script for the larger events. You evaluate each meeting.
- You welcome guests and make sure they get the right information on time.
- You roll up your sleeves at the time and day of the event and make sure everything runs smoothly and on time. You unburden yourself.
- You order what is needed within budget and budget, and take deliveries.
- You will help provide coffee, tea, and refreshments.
- What does not go according to plan, you can solve responsibly and creatively in consultation with others.
- A six-month volunteer position in an unusual workplace.
- Possible prospect of advancement opportunities within our organisation.
Working hours by arrangement, and sometimes different from regular.
Help organise the Dutch Privacy Awards!
Privacy First is looking for support on the Dutch Privacy Awards. We prefer to start ASAP.
This role costs an average of half a day a week and can be completed as voluntary work or an internship. Unfortunately, no remuneration is available for the support, but necessary expenses and travel costs are reimbursed.
What do you need to be able to do and what is required to fill this role?
- Interest in privacy;
- Organisational talent;
- Own initiative;
- Support in organising meetings, especially digitally;
- Assist in preparing press releases, liaising with media and managing the Awards website;
- Assisting in the organisation of the National Privacy Conference and Awards ceremony.
A lot will happen digitally, partly at our office at Nieuwe Herengracht in Amsterdam. And, of course, the award ceremony itself on 24 January 2024.
What will you learn and experience?
- Privacy and related social developments have gained momentum. This is where you're head over heels;
- The Dutch Privacy Awards provide the opportunity for organisations, companies and governments to show what positive things they can do in the context of privacy;
- Experienced experts on the panel assess what has a real impact on privacy protection and what that impact is;
- You will help organise a large event with many visitors, as an integrated part of the National Privacy Conference with ECP.
In short, the opportunity to make an interesting, instructive and useful contribution to a positive national gathering around the current topic of privacy.
Interested? Visit contact on with Privacy First!